Keigwin House access statement
Keigwin House is situated on Alexandra Road in Penzance, approximately a 15 minute walk from the town centre and a 2 minute walk from Penzance Promenade and the seafront.
Keigwin House is of Victorian architecture and is accessed by 13 granite steps approximately 15in high, 28in deep and 57in wide, we have plant pots on both sides of the steps and there are metal handrails on either side of the steps.
The doorbell is situated on the left hand door post before you enter the foyer, in the foyer there are tourist information leaflets, the inner front door is kept locked and you need to ring the bell to gain access on arrival. Once in the entrance hall we have a cabinet and some shelves with more information for guests.
Hallways and stairs
The stairs are carpeted, the light switches in the hallways are press button switches on timers which turn off after a short while. The main light inside the front door is on continually during the evening and is switched off at about 10pm.
The dining room is the first left as you enter the front door. The dining room is a light and airy room situated at the front of the house overlooking Alexandra Road. Breakfast is served in the dining room between 8am and 9am or earlier by arrangement to suit onward travel. We encourage guests to use the dining room if they wish to bring in food to eat in the evenings. There is a microwave and toaster for guests to use; cutlery, crockery and wine glasses are available.
- Room 1 is a double en suite room next door to the dining room, this is the best option for those who struggle with stairs. This room has an en suite shower with handbasin and toilet. Room 1 is at the back of the house.
- Room 9 is also on the ground floor there are 3 steps down to it. Room 9 is an en suite twin or superking. It has a bath with shower over, washbasin and toilet. Room 9 is situated at the back of the house.
- Room 2 is a double en suite room up a flight of 12 stairs to a half landing then 1 more step up to the room. This room has a shower, handbasin and toilet. It has an electric towel rail in the shower room and the switch for this is in the bedroom. Room 2 is situated at the back of the house.
- Room 3 is a triple en suite room situated at the back of the house on the first floor, there are 21 steps up from the front door to this room. Room 3 has double bed and a single bed, it has an ensuite shower, washbasin and toilet.
- Room 4 is an en suite twin or superking room situated at the front of the house on the first floor. Room 4 has a large bay window over looking Alexandra Road,it has an en suite shower, washbasin and toilet.
- Room 5 is a standard single room situated at the front of the house on the first floor. It has a vanity basin and a bathrobe is provided. Room 5 shares a shower room which is situated on the second half landing 9 steps up from the second floor, there is also a separate toilet outside room 2 on the first half landing.
- Room 6 is a standard twin room situated at the back of the house on the second half landing, 29 steps up from the front door. Room 6 has a vanity basin and bathrobes are provided. It is next door to the shower room which is shared with the two single rooms.
- Room 7 is a standard single room situated at the back and top of the house. This room has a 4ft bed, a large velux window, a vanity basin and a bathrobe is provided. There are 39 steps up from the front door to room 7. Room 7 shares the shower room and toilet with rooms 5 and 6.
- Room 8 is an en suite family room which sleeps 4, it has a double bed and bunkbeds, the en suite has a large shower, washbasin and toilet. Room 8 is situated at the top and front of the house next to room 7.
- In each of the bedrooms there is an information folder which contains the ‘in case of fire’ information. It also has other information to make your stay more enjoyable.
- We have a selection of menus from local restaurants and takeaways for guests perusal. We are always happy to recommend places to eat locally.
- Guests are welcome to use the dining room in the evening if they wish to bring in food, we provide cutlery, crockery and wine glasses.
- For cyclists we have a garage where they can store their bikes overnight.
- Free Wi-Fi is available, the signal can be a little weak at the top of the house so we suggest guests use the dining room.
- We can cater for special diets such as gluten and dairy free. Please advise us when booking or as soon as possible thereafter.
Address: Keigwin House, Alexandra Road, Penzance, TR18 4LZ.
Telephone: 01736 363930
Mobile: 07557 057773.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve, if you have any comments please phone on 01736 363930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.